DATE: 20th June 2013
RATIO OF TRAINERS TO TRAINEES: 1 Trainer to 10 Trainees 9th Jan 2013
Click here to download course details PDF
PRE-COURSE INSTRUCTIONS AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates must be an IPAF member working towards being and IPAF registered instructor.
This is a stand alonw module designed specific for IPAF instructors. - The course is intended to give IPAF instructors the necessary background knowledge to enable them to deliever the IPAF Harness Training Course.
- IPAF Instructors completing this module will also be considered to be competent in the thorough examination of harnesses and lanyards for use in a MEWP.
- Further deatils of the training facilities, first aid provision, insurance, etc are available upon written request.
Theory Legislation -
- Be aware of the relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
- Be Aware of the importance of selecting the appropriate Personal Fall Protection Equipment of the task and environment.
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of Personal Fall Protection Equipment for use in a Mobile Elevated Work Platform.
- Be able to inspect and maintain harnesses and lanyards.
- Have an awareness of the design and manafacturing process for harnesses and lanyards.
- Be able to fit and use the harness and lanyard identified.
- Witness static and dynamic testing of personal fall protection equipment.
Details of written assessments
All candidates will carry out a multiple-choice test covering the key points of the course. if a candidate gets a total score of less than 92% the the trainer will explore the candidates' knowledge of the topic. Where the candidate has a good understanding of the topic the result may be amended.
Details of other assessment methods
During the course of the day the candidates will be continually verbally assessed by the trainer using working examples and scenarios to determine the deleagtes understanding of a specific topic.
In addition to the test carried out in the morining session all delegates will be monitored by the trainer throughout the practical session. Any concerns will be addressed by delegate and trainer on a continual basis.
The trainer will use practical tasks to assess the delegates competence and understanding.
EQUIPMENT COVERED DURING TRAINING
-Full Body Harnesses.
-Work Restraint Lanyards.
-Fall Arrest Lanyards.
-Retractable Type Fall Arresters (Fall Arrest BLocks).
FEEDBACK TO CLIENT AFTER COURSE
-Certificate for all delegates, valid for five years.
-Delegate should contact IPAF to update their instructor licence.
-After registration with IPAF they will provide an approved Power Point Presentation and all course documentation.
RECORDS TO BE MAINTAINED BY SPANSET
- Course registration sheet, including results of the assessment.
- Course feedback forms where completed.
COURSE JOINING INSTRUCTIONS
Unless otherwise stated, all courses are held at SpanSet (UK) Limited and will assemble at 0900 hrs daily. Delegates should report to the main training reception upon arrival.
EQUIPMENT & CLOTHING
All equipment required throughout the course will be provided by SpanSet Ltd.
Candidates should provide their own comfortable clothing and footwear, with provision made for inclement weather conditions, i.e. fleeces, waterproofs, windproof, etc.
FOOD & REFRESHMENT
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day on all courses.
A lunch will be provided on all courses of a day or more in duration held at SpanSet.
Details of local accommodation on request.